Once we finally got past the planning permission hurdle and out of the ground, things started moving very quickly!
Following the end of May bank holiday the team got started on the block work on Tuesday 28th May.
Our front entrance!
By 30th May we had window surrounds on the ground floor.
On Saturday 1st June Steph visited site and had a stretch:
The week commencing 3rd June the team finished off the ground floor block work and started on the brick:
Up to Thursday 6th June progress was really good, but Friday was a complete washout, and Saturday and most of the next week wasn’t much better; thanks British Summer!
The week commencing the 10th June was also pretty horrible with lots of heavy showers which slowed the builders down, but we were still ahead of schedule and then the scaffolding went up:
From up on the scaffold we started to get a sense of the scale of the rooms
Steph dancing and giving even more of a sense of scale!
I did some all important moving blocks around!
The week commencing 17th June was another week of very mixed weather but progress has been made and the first story floor was in by 21st June:
More to follow soon; stay tuned!